Online Circus Training & Events for Everyone
Circus Smirkus is now offering live online classes for circus enthusiasts of all ages and levels that you can take from home. Here you’ll find classes in a variety of circus skills, fitness and conditioning, and performance taught by circus experts including Circus Smirkus coaches and troupers. You will receive a link to the classroom in your confirmation email after you sign up.
Juggling (click here for Juggling Supplies)
★ Beginner Juggling Classes with Mr. Josh
Director of Programming, Residency Artist and Big Top Tour trouper alumnus, Josh Shack, teaches basic juggling skills and more below!
- Intro to Juggling – Scarf Juggling (no experience needed):
May 21 at 3:00 PM
- Beginner Ball Juggling (prerequisite: can scarf juggle):
May 14 at 11:00 AM
★ Intermediate & Advanced Juggling with Theo
Join 3rd year Big Top Tour trouper Theo LeBlanc in this series of higher level juggling classes.
- Intermediate Level 3-ball tricks (prerequisite: know basic 3 ball juggling):
May 6 at 5:15 PM
- Session: Intro to 3-Club Juggling/Intermediate Level (prerequisite: know basic 3 ball juggling – 30 catches):
4 classes: May 15, May 22, May 29 & June 5
- Session: Advanced Ball juggling (prerequisite: do a three ball Mills Mess, juggle four balls, and flash five balls):
4 classes: May 13, May 21, May 27 & June 3
★ Hula Hooping Live with Eva Lou!
Join 5th year Big Top Tour trouper Eva Lou Rhinelander in this series of hula hooping classes. You will receive a link to the classroom in your confirmation email.
- Session: Hula Hooping with Eva Lou (week-long):
Daily May 19-22 at 12:15 PM OR
Daily May 26-29 at 12:15 PM
- Session: Circus Style Multi-Hooping (4 classes):
Thursdays May 7, May 14, May 21, May 28 at 7:00 PM
★ Magic with Soleyman
Join 3rd year Big Top Tour trouper Soleyman Pierini in this series of magic classes. Amaze your friends! You will receive a link to the classroom in your confirmation email.
- Session: Basics of Card Magic (4 classes):
May 14, May 21, May 28, June 4
- Session: Coin Magic for Kids (4 classes):
May 13, May 20, May 27, June 3
- Intro to Clowning:
May 22 at 1:00 PM OR
May 29 at 3:00 PM
- Intermediate/Advanced Clowning: Get Started Building An Act
★ Prop Manipulaton with Mr. Josh (click here for Juggling Supplies)
- Balancing Peacock Feathers
May 5 at 2:00 PM
- The Art of Spinning Plates:
May 6 at 2:00 PM
- Learning to Use Flower Sticks:
May 7 at 2:00 PM
★ Private Lessons
Private lessons are available in most circus disciplines by request. Please email Josh Shack for more information.
Get an at-home residency package!
Circus Smirkus is taking their residency program and delivering it to your living room. Please email Josh Shack for scheduling options.
This package is $100 and includes an at-home residency kit (valued at $48) plus five online classes, using all of the equipment in the kit. That’s like getting one class for free!
Kit includes: peacock feather, spinning plates, juggling scarves, flower sticks, and of course, a red clown nose.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the online classes.
Our 5-day sessions include the following classes:
- Make ‘Em Laugh: Intro to Clowning
- Balancing Peacock Feathers
- The Art of Spinning Plates
- Learning to Use Flower Sticks
- Intro to Juggling: Scarf Juggling
Here’s where you can purchase or make supplies you might need for our circus classes: