Why Give to Smirkus?
Your gift to Circus Smirkus allows kids of all ages, backgrounds, and means to develop artistic, athletic, and life skills through the power of performance. Thank you for helping us open our tent to provide immersive experiences for all, including those who wouldn’t otherwise be able to join us under the Big Top.
- Your support helps all kids join the circus. Last year, Circus Smirkus awarded over $90,000 in scholarships to talented young people who have financial need.
- Circus Smirkus is always innovating! Your support helps us expand the scope of our programs to make them more accessible to all who would like to participate.
- The Big Top Tour has raised over $2.7 million for other nonprofits. Your support of Circus Smirkus also helps schools, museums, PTO’s, organic agriculture, local businesses, and nonprofits throughout New England.
Ways to Help
Support the Mission: Smirkus provides an experience like no other. Help create a life-changing experience of memories, friendships, and a summer of success under the Big Top.
Scholarship and Financial Aid: Give young people the chance to discover and pursue their passions, to be introduced to new people, new skills, and new ways of self-expression, and to participate in Smirkus’ programs, regardless of their financial circumstances.
Join the Constellation of Smirkus Stars: The ceilings of Smirkus tents have been covered with stars since the very beginning, a tradition we plan to continue with our new big top. With a gift of $1,000 you can name one of those stars—showing your support for Circus Smirkus while honoring your very own circus camper, trouper, counselor, coach, or other wonderful celestial being.
- Credit Card Gifts: Smirkus accepts American Express, Discover, Visa, and MasterCard. Donors may make one-time gifts or schedule monthly credit card installments by visiting our secure giving page at smirkus.org/giving/
- If you prefer to make your gift over the telephone, call us at 802-533-7443 ext. 20 to charge gifts, make a pledge, or set up installment payments on your credit card.
- Checks: All checks can be mailed to:
1 CIRCUS RD.
GREENSBORO, VT 05841
- Stock Gifts: A gift of appreciated securities is a great option, as donors frequently avoid capital gains tax and may be able to claim income tax deductions as well.
- Planned Gifts: Remembering Smirkus in your will is a great way to leave a legacy and keep the show moving down the road. Contact your attorney or legal adviser to give a fixed amount or a percentage of your estate to make a lasting impact on Circus Smirkus.