2019 Big Top Tour: Carnival
TICKETS GO ON SALE MAY 1, 2019 – see below for tour schedule.
2019 BIG TOP TOUR SCHEDULE
Tickets go on sale May 1, 2019
Click here for a printable PDF of tour schedule
June 29 Opening – Greensboro, VT
2 Shows: Saturday 1 & 6 pm at the Circus Barn World Headquarters. Presented by the Circus Barn.
July 2 & 3 – St. Johnsbury, VT
4 Shows: Tues & Wed 1 & 6 pm at Green Mountain Mall. Presented by Catamount Arts.
July 5, 6 & 7 – Essex Junction, VT
6 Shows: Fri & Sat 12 & 6 pm Sun 11 am & 4pm at Champlain Valley Expo. Presented by Champlain Valley Expo.
July 9 & 10 – Northampton, MA
4 Shows: Tues & Wed 1 & 6 pm at Three County Fairgrounds, Gate 4, 113 Old Ferry Rd. Presented by North Star.
July 12 & 13 – Manchester, VT
4 Shows: Fri & Sat 1 & 6pm at Manchester Parks & Recreation. Presented by Town of Manchester & Manchester Parks & Recreation.
July 15 & 16 – Keene, NH
4 Shows: Mon & Tues 1 & 6 pm at Cheshire Fairgrounds. Presented by Monadnock Waldorf School.
July 18, 19 & 20 – Hanover, NH
6 Shows: Thurs, Fri & Sat 1 & 6 pm at Fullington Farm Field. Sponsored by The Sharon Academy, Presented by The Circus Barn.
July 22, 23 & 24 – Marshfield, MA
4 Shows: Mon 7 pm Tues 1 & 7 pm, Wed 11 am at Marshfield Fairgrounds. Presented by Marshfield Education Foundation.
July 25, 26, 27 & 28 – Waltham, MA
7 Shows: Thurs 7 pm Fri & Sat 1 & 6 pm, Sun 11 am & 4 pm at Gore Place. Presented by The Circus Barn.
July 30 & 31 – Simsbury, CT
4 Shows: Tues & Wed 1 & 6 pm at Simsbury Meadows Performing Arts Ctr. Presented by Simsbury Performing Arts Center.
August 2 & 3 – Newbury, MA
4 Shows: Fri 1 & 6 pm Sat 12:30 & 5:30 pm at Spencer-Peirce-Little Farm. Presented by Theater in the Open.
August 5 & 6 – Freeport, ME
4 Shows: Mon & Tues 1 & 6 pm at Maine Coast Waldorf School. Presented by Maine Coast Waldorf School.
August 8 & 9 – Kennebunkport, ME
4 Shows: Thurs & Fri 1 & 6 pm at Rockin’ Horse Stables. Presented by Kennebunkport Consolidated Schools PTA.
August 11 & 12 – Wolfeboro, NH
4 Shows: Sun & Mon 1 & 6 pm at The Nick, 10 Trotting Track Road, Wolfeboro, NH. Presented by All Saints Church.
August 14, 15 & 16 – Montpelier, VT
6 Shows: Wed, Thurs & Fri 1 & 6 pm at Montpelier High School. Presented by The Circus Barn.
August 18 – Finale – Greensboro, VT
2 Shows: Sunday 1 & 6 pm at the Circus Barn World Headquarters. Presented by The Circus Barn.
About the Big Top Tour
BIG TOP TOUR HISTORY
Click on the arrows below to see all of the shows Smirkus has presented since 1987.
Circus Smirkus is dedicated to helping community organizations that focus on children, education, circus arts and health and wellness. Our circus is able to donate a limited number of Big Top Tour tickets each year to raise funds for our fellow non-profit, tax-exempt organizations.
Please understand that we receive a clown trunk-full of requests! While we can’t accommodate every worthy cause, each request is given serious consideration.
And hey, folks – we’re a 501c3 nonprofit, too. Like you, we rely on the generosity of others as a key way to make ends meet. That said, by necessity, preference is given to organizations that can provide a helping hand to Smirkus in return. Whether it’s cross promotion, social media/newsletter representation, or reciprocal donation – your help can go a long way.
Please do not call or email to request a donation. All requests MUST be submitted using our official Ticket Request Form. Before submitting a request through our form, please review the following criteria:
Ticket Donation Guidelines
Please verify that your request falls within the guidelines listed below:
- You qualify as an employee or official representative of the registered 501c3 nonprofit organization which our donated tickets would serve to benefit.
- Your organization actively conducts business in CT, ME, MA, NH, NY, and/or VT -or- is a registered nonprofit circus arts organization.
- Your organization maintains community relations efforts benefitting children, education, health, wellness, circus arts -or- similarly related mission based efforts.
- One (1) donation per organization per year. (Preference is given to organizations filing their first request.)
- Must be a New England or New York based organization AND/OR a circus arts organization.
- We do not consider requests for political, controversial or for-profit organizations; sports teams; individuals or third parties.
- Cannot be used for prizes, volunteer gifts, or incentive programs.
- The purpose of the organization or fundraising event must not be contrary to the mission of Circus Smirkus.
- Preference is given to organizations that provide cross promotion opportunities or reciprocal donation. (ex: promote the show in their newsletter or on Facebook.)
To welcome our fans, guests, and spectators, the Big Top is ADA-compliant and our staff is ready to assist those with accessibility concerns to enjoy the show. For more information about accessibility under the Big Top, please email email@example.com.
We all dream of running away to the circus. Whether you choose to join us as a performer, a spectator or a presenter, there’s room for you under the Circus Smirkus Big Top!