About Big Top Tour
WATCH A PREVIEW OF THE 2019 SHOW BELOW:
2020 Tour Schedule
Tickets available for purchase on May 1, 2020
- June 27: Opening Day in Greensboro, VT, presented by The Circus Barn
- June 30 – July 1: St. Johnsbury, VT, presented by Catamount Arts
- July 3 – July 5: Hanover, NH, presented by The Circus Barn
- July 7 – July 8: Manchester, VT, presented by the Town of Manchester and Manchester Parks & Recreation
- July 10 – July 11: Northampton, MA, presented by North Star
- July 13 – July 15: Essex Junction, VT, presented by the Champlain Valley Expo
- July 17 – July 18: Keene, NH, presented by the Monadnock Waldorf School
- July 20 – July 21: Marshfield, MA, presented by the Marshfield Education Foundation
- July 23 – July 26: Waltham, MA, presented by The Circus Barn
- July 28 – July 29: Simsbury, CT, presented by Simsbury Meadows Performing Arts Center
- July 31 – August 1: Newbury, MA, presented by Theater in the Open
- August 3 – August 4: Freeport, ME, presented by the Maine Coast Waldorf School
- August 6 – August 7: Kennebunkport, ME, presented by the Kennebunkport Consolidated School PTA
- August 9 – August 12: Montpelier, VT, presented by The Circus Barn
- August 14 – August 15: Greensboro, VT, presented by The Circus Barn
Big Top Tour History
Click on the arrows below to see all of the shows Smirkus has presented since 1987.
Circus Smirkus is dedicated to helping community organizations that focus on children, education, circus arts and health and wellness. Our circus is able to donate a limited number of Big Top Tour tickets each year to raise funds for our fellow non-profit, tax-exempt organizations.
Please understand that we receive a clown trunk-full of requests! While we can’t accommodate every worthy cause, each request is given serious consideration.
And hey, folks – we’re a 501c3 nonprofit, too. Like you, we rely on the generosity of others as a key way to make ends meet. That said, by necessity, preference is given to organizations that can provide a helping hand to Smirkus in return. Whether it’s cross promotion, social media/newsletter representation, or reciprocal donation – your help can go a long way.
Please do not call or email to request a donation. All requests MUST be submitted using our official Ticket Request Form, which is available from mid-February through April 30. Before submitting a request through our form, please review the following criteria:
Ticket Donation Guidelines
Please verify that your request falls within the guidelines listed below:
- You qualify as an employee or official representative of the registered 501c3 nonprofit organization which our donated tickets would serve to benefit.
- Your organization actively conducts business in CT, ME, MA, NH, NY, and/or VT -or- is a registered nonprofit circus arts organization.
- Your organization maintains community relations efforts benefitting children, education, health, wellness, circus arts -or- similarly related mission based efforts.
- One (1) donation per organization per year. (Preference is given to organizations filing their first request.)
- Must be a New England or New York based organization AND/OR a circus arts organization.
- We do not consider requests for political, controversial or for-profit organizations; sports teams; individuals or third parties.
- Cannot be used for prizes, volunteer gifts, or incentive programs.
- The purpose of the organization or fundraising event must not be contrary to the mission of Circus Smirkus.
- Preference is given to organizations that provide cross promotion opportunities or reciprocal donation. (ex: promote the show in their newsletter or on Facebook.)
To welcome our fans, guests, and spectators, the Big Top is ADA-compliant and our staff is ready to assist those with accessibility concerns to enjoy the show. For more information about accessibility under the Big Top, please email email@example.com.
We all dream of running away to the circus. Whether you choose to join us as a performer, a spectator or a presenter, there’s room for you under the Circus Smirkus Big Top!
Sponsored in 2019 by