Online Circus Training & Events for Everyone
Circus Smirkus is now offering live online classes for circus enthusiasts of all ages and levels. Stay tuned for classes in a variety of circus skills, fitness and conditioning, performance and much more! Plus scroll down to the bottom for some FREE Fun Events. Watch this page as we’ll be announcing more classes in the days to come.
Join 5th year Big Top Tour trouper Eva Lou Rhinelander in this series of hula hooping classes. Click on the date below to register for a specific class. You will receive a link to the classroom in your confirmation email.
- Intro to Hula Hoops April 5 12:00 PM OR April 6 12:00 PM
- Off-body Hula Hooping April 1 12:00 PM OR April 7 12:00 PM
- Hula Hoop Manipulations April 2 12:00 PM OR April 8 12:00 PM
- Level 2 Hula Hoop On-Body April 9 12:00 PM
- Performing with Hula Hoops April 3 12:00 PM OR April 10 12:00 PM
- Buy ALL Hoop Classes from April 6-10 at 12:00 PM & Save $10
★ Magic with Soleyman
Join 3rd year Big Top Tour trouper Soleyman Pierini in this series of magic classes. Amaze your friends!
- Vanishing Coin (Basic) April 6 10:00 AM
- Another Vanishing Coin (Intermediate) April 10 10:00 AM
- Card Tricks April 1 5:00 PM
- Intermediate/Advanced Card Tricks April 9 5:00 PM
- Rope Trick March 30 5:00 PM
★ Intermediate & Advanced Juggling with Theo
Join 3rd year Big Top Tour trouper Theo LeBlanc in this series of higher level juggling classes.
- Intermediate Level Intro to 3-ball tricks (prerequisite: know basic 3 ball juggling):
April 2 5:00 PM OR
April 13 5:00 PM
- Intermediate Level Intro to 3-club tricks (prerequisite: know basic 3 ball juggling):
April 6 5:00 PM OR
April 14 5:00 PM
- Advanced 3-ball tricks (prerequisite: know basic 3 ball juggling):
April 8 5:00 PM OR
April 15 5:00 PM
- Intermediate/Advanced Level Intro to 5-ball tricks (prerequisite: know basic 3 ball juggling):
April 10 5:00 PM OR
April 17 5:00 PM
More Circus Skills!
Circus Smirkus Director of Programming, Residency Artist and Big Top Tour trouper alumnus, Josh Shack, will teach a series of live circus skills classes to get you started on your circus journey!
★ Juggling Classes
- Intro to Juggling: Scarf Juggling:
April 10 at 2:00 PM
★ Clowning Classes
- Make ‘Em Laugh: Intro to Clowning:
April 6 2:00 PM
- Intermediate/Advanced Clowning: Get Started Building An Act
April 3 3:30 PM
★ Prop Manipulaton
- Balancing Peacock Feathers
April 7 2:00 PM
- The Art of Spinning Plates:
April 8 at 2:00 PM
- Learning to Use Flower Sticks:
April 9 at 2:00 PM
★ Learn Poi with Smirkus Camp Head Coach Doug Stewart
- Intro to Poi April 2 3:30 PM
★ Smirkus Camp Conditioning
- April 3 11:15-11:45 AM
- April 6 11:15-11:45 AM
- April 8 11:15-11:45 AM
- April 10 11:15-11:45 AM
- April 13 11:15-11:45 AM
- April 15 11:15-11:45 AM
- April 17 11:15-11:45 AM
Private Lessons are also available by request. Please email Josh Shack for more information.
★ At Home Residency with Josh Shack
Get an at-home residency package!
Circus Smirkus is taking their residency program and delivering it to your living room.
This package is $100 and includes an at-home residency kit (valued at $48) plus five online classes, using all of the equipment in the kit. That’s like getting one class for free!
Kit includes: peacock feather, spinning plates, juggling scarves, flower sticks, and of course, a red clown nose.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the online classes.
Our sessions are 5-days:
At-home residency schedule: (you can also take these classes a la carte)
★ FREE Fun Events
Join us for Smirkus games, stories, fun, and of course, dinner dress up. Wear a costume, or just come for the Smirkus love! We’re happy to connect with all of you! Each event has it’s own theme, so click on the event listed below to sign up.
- Tutu Tuesday: April 7 at 5:30 PM Need a tutu? Order one from us here!
- Superheroes: April 3 at 5:30 PM
- Downtime on the Browntime: April 10 7:00 PM OR April 17 7:00 PM