Once you’ve dropped your camper off, you’ll want to make a vacation of it! Stay at the lakeside Highland Lodge just down the road from camp, in any number of Greensboro’s charming cottages and homes, or in a B&B, inn, or a cabin in a neighboring Northeast Kingdom town.
THE GREEN SHEET
The Green Sheet Calendar by the Greensboro Association is your one-stop things-to-do-shop, showing virtually all events happening in Greensboro and nearby throughout the entire summer!
SWIMMING, KAYAKING, CANOEING, HIKING, PICNICKING & GOLFING
- Craftsbury Outdoor Center Phone: (802) 586-7767 or (802) 729-775
- Barton Golf Club Address: 548 Telfer Hill Road, Barton, VT 05822, Phone: (802) 525-1126
- Caspian Lake, public beach & parking
- Shadow Lake Beach, Glover, free parking, a swimming beach and other facilities.
MUSEUMS, LIBRARIES, AND THE ARTS
- Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium, St Johnsbury, VT
- Greensboro, Thursdays 3-6
- Montpelier, Saturday 9-1
- Hardwick, Fridays, 3-6
- Craftsbury, Saturdays, 10-1
FAIRS AND FESTIVALS AROUND VERMONT
Check out Vermont’s own independent newspaper, Seven Days VT and their online calendar for all you need to know about the fairs and festivals going on around the Green Mountain State this summer!