★ BIG TOP TOUR APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The deadline for submitting your 2018 trouper audition applications for the Big Top Tour has come to a close. You can still have fun with Circus Smirkus this summer by applying to Smirkus Camp and by attending one or more of the nearly 80 performances of our Big Top Tour as it travels through New England.
If you would like to audition for the 2019 Tour, please send your name and address to email@example.com to request a 2019 audition packet. We’ll keep your name on file and send your packet next fall when auditions re-open.
How to apply:
- There will be a special link to gain access to the Big Top Tour Application
- Submit your application by the application deadline
Who should apply:
If you are a trained student, between ages 10 and 18, in circus or other physical disciplines, have strong teamwork skills, excellent stage presence, and are interested in gaining more insight and knowledge about performing, traveling, and traditional circus arts, we encourage you to apply! All applicants must submit a video audition and application form.
Important Dates for the 2018 Big Top Tour:
- November 1st Deadline: All 2018 Big Top Tour applications must be submitted by November 1st. All applicants will be notified by letter the week of November 20th whether or not they have been selected to take part in the live auditions.
- January 12-14th, 2018 LIVE AUDITIONS: Live auditions will be held the weekend of January 12-14th, 2018 at New England Center for Circus Arts NEW HOME at 10 Town Crier Drive. If you are invited to audition in person, you will need to prepare an act to perform.
- June 2018: Training will begin approximately June 2, 2018. The tour will run until approximately August 19, 2018. (Dates will be finalized once the tour schedule has been finalized.)
Tuition & Scholarships:
Please note that there is a tuition fee for the touring program. (The 2017 tuition fee was $6,750 – the 2018 tuition fee will be similar in pricing and will be announced in November.) This cost covers training, housing, food, uniforms and transportation costs for the rehearsal and tour period. No one is denied participation because of financial need. If you are accepted into the troupe, you may apply for scholarship aid at that time.
About the Big Top Tour
Since 1987, The Big Top Tour has brought together 30 highly motivated young performers in a traditional traveling circus environment. These young performers (called Troupers) experience a unique opportunity—performing 60-70 shows across New England, bringing circus arts to over 50,000 children and adults during the course of a summer. They work with professional circus coaches from across the country and around the World to create the 2 hour show in a 3 week period in early June. Troupers deepen their skills in performing and the circus arts, become physically stronger, and gain maturity from the 10 week adventure. Many Big Top Tour Troupers continue onto circus and other performing careers around the world.
For further assistance with the application process or if you have any questions at all, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 802-533-7443 x27.
Watch an excerpt from the 2017 Big Top Tour:
★ ADVANCED CAMP APPLICATIONS DUE OCTOBER 1, 2017
If you plan to apply for the Big Top Tour, but are also interested in Smirkus Camp Advanced Sessions, we recommend that you apply now as those sessions tend to fill quickly. Note: If you are selected to become a Trouper on the Big Top Tour, we’ll transfer your camp deposit to your tour tuition.
Video auditions are required the following programs, and must be submitted separately by October 1, 2017. Click the links below to learn more about the programs, about video requirements and to apply.
Applications for programs which don’t require an audition will open October 15th, 2017.